Explore Food & Farming with Countryside U!
Countryside U is an educational program designed to inspire and inform gardeners, home cooks, farmers, and food producers in Northeast Ohio. Our
classes cover topics ranging from DIY skills like home breadmaking and fermentation to more advanced topics like managing a farm business.
Whether you're looking to start your first vegetable garden or you're an experienced grower ready to take your business to the next level,
we'll help you get your hands dirty. All classes are led by experienced instructors and held in the greater Akron area.
Here's what's coming
- Young Farmers Conference Watch Party: December 6th, 2018
Join us at Countryside's office (4965 Quick Rd. Peninsula, OH) on Thursday, December 6th to watch the livestream of the Stone Barns Center
for Food and Agriculture's annual conference centered on strengthening our food system. Come for some or all of the program and bring
a potluck item or pack a lunch for this free-event. Register here.
9am-12pm: Pollination Ecology
12pm-1:30pm: Potluck Lunch and Group Roundtable Discussion
1:30pm-3pm: Changing Climate, Changing Research: Exploring Agroecology through Participatory On-Farm Research
3:15pm-4:45pm: Pour Your Soul into Soil
- Farmers Roundtable Series: Winter 2018/19
- Direct Marketing and Identifying your Core Customer Base- December 13th, 2018 from 5:30-7:30pm at Countryside's office: 4965 Quick
Rd. Peninsula, OH. Register and view a full description, here.
- Finding and Funding your Farm- January 10th, 2019 from 5:30-7:30pm at Portage County Soil & Water Conservation District, 6970 SR
88, Ravenna OH 44266. Register here.
- Seed Starting and Soil Preparation- January 17th, 2019 from 5:30-7:30pm at Countryside's office. Register here.
- Integrating Cover Crops and No-Till Practices into your Market Farm- January 31st, 2019 from 5:30-7:30 at Portage County Soil &
Water Conservation District, 6970 SR 88, Ravenna OH 44266. Register here.
- Savings for your Pocket and the Planet: Creating a Closed Loop Farming System- February 12th, 2019 from 5:30-7:30pm at Countryside's
office. Register here.
- Savings for your Pocket and the Planet: Fertilize Right: Nutrient and Manure Management- February 27th, 2019 from 5:30-7:30pm at Portage
County Soil & Water Conservation District, 6970 SR 88, Ravenna OH 44266. Register here.
- Exploring the Small Farm Dream: Is farming right for you? Scheduled 1-2 times per year.
- Farm Business Series: Winter 2018/19 TBA
- Farm Tech Series: TBA
- Coming soon... Countryside's Taste Success Food Entrepreourship programming
- Cooking with Countryside- Visit this market booth to learn about delicious dishes made with local produce from the Countryside Farmers' Market
- Countryside Kids - Youth learning around healthy Eating at the Countryside Farmers' Markets
To stay up to date...
Join Our Email List
For Email Marketing you can trust.