Howe Meadow Opening Day 2016!
Who's excited to get the outdoor market season kicked off?? Countryside certainly is!
We are pleased to be welcoming 7 new vendors to Howe Meadow this season - each adding diversity and depth to our existing vendors and product mix. We are
also welcoming back 2 former vendors. Here are some brief introductions:
- Avant Gardens Farm & Mushroomery ~ Avant Gardens will be bringing
fresh picked culinary mushrooms & exotic, rare, hard-to-find heritage and heirloom mixed vegetables. They will be joining us next Saturday,
- Bloom Hill Farm ~ A 10 acre farm in Uniontown specializing in sustainable cut flower production and highlighting dried floral arrangements. They are
scheduled to be joining us on July 9th.
- Dillon Fruit Farm ~ A 38 year-old family operation offering a variety of berries and apples. They also have elderberries and tart cherries - new additions
to the market! Dillon is scheduled to be joining us on July 19th.
- Europa Charcuterie ~ Using traditional preservation methods, Europa Charcuterie
will be bringing dry cured meats and sausages. They will be starting with us on Saturday!
- Floured Apron ~ Housed in an adorable turquoise trailer, Floured Apron offers from-scratch
baked goods, including: artful and delicious cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and Rosie's Rivets - a wonderful combination of a doughnut and muffin.
Floured Apron will be joining us starting this Saturday!
- Mud Run Farm ~ A former vendor who took a couple seasons off from the market, and we are thrilled to have them back! Farming with draft horses, Mud
Run produces a range of small grains and vegetables. They are scheduled to join us next week, on May 14th.
- The Spicy Lamb ~ A popular Countryside Initiative Farm, The Spicy Lamb, offering lamb products, yarns and fiber. They will be joining us for a handful
of dates, starting on August 13th.
- Turtle Island Natural Soap Co. ~ Turtle Island Natural Soap Co. handcrafts olive oil and beeswax
based soaps using all natural fragrance oils and certified therapeutic grade essential oils. They will be starting with us this Saturday, May 7th.
- Wake Robin Fermented Foods ~ Wake Robin produces live, naturally cultured vegetables made in small batches using an ancient preservation method called
lacto-fermentation. They will also be joining us this Saturday!
We have said goodbye to a handful of vendors from the past season - we miss you already! The vendors who have left us are: Canal Corners, Morning DEW Orchards,
Spice Acres, Lake Erie Creamery, Lazy Bee, Fire & Ash, Three Sisters Momo and Not Wasted. Additionally, Summit Croissants will not be attending
the Howe Meadow market this season; she is returning to the Highland Square market. Mark your calendars for Thursday evenings to get your croissant
One more tiny vendor note: Plantscription has changed their name to Vigeo Gardens. Don't worry! Your fave stop for micro-greens is still with us.
To stay updated from week to week on what's happening at the market, check in here. This page
will feature some highlights of what will be available, information about our scheduled musician and cooking demonstration, as well as a full list
of participating vendors. If you are interested in seeing which vendors will be in attendance for a particular market, as well as where vendors are
located, check out the market map.
In addition to the delicious, farm-fresh food, the amazing setting and atmosphere, the fabulous company of vendors and customers, we are especially thrilled
for this season to help Cuyahoga Valley National Park celebrate the Centennial of the National Park Service. Click through the event name for more
May 20th and 21st ~ Bioblitz and Biodiversity Festival ~ ***Special Market Hours: 9am - 2pm***
June 18th ~ Picnic in the Park and Crafty Mart Pop-Up
August 20th ~ Picnic in the Park/Party in the National Park, Crafty Mart Pop-Up and Annual Tomato Tasting (DETAILS COMING SOON!)
October 15th ~ Crafty Mart Pop-Up (DETAILS COMING SOON!)
We hope you'll join us this Saturday to start this season off with much enthusiasm and support for our vendors!